34% of Memphians volunteer; Volunteer Odyssey has ideas for the other 66%

By , Guest Columnist Updated: August 05, 2019 5:00 PM CT | Published: August 05, 2019 4:00 AM CT
Guest Columnist

Sarah Petschonek

Dr. Sarah Petschonek is the founder and executive director of Volunteer Odyssey. She consults on volunteer engagement strategies and speaks throughout the country on best practices in volunteerism.

'Many of us have been taught that volunteerism and philanthropy should be completely selfless. I would argue that volunteering needs to be positive for the organization AND for the volunteer.'

Topics

Dorothy Day House Levitt Shell Meals on Wheels Volunteer Odyssey

Comment On This Story

Email Editions

Sign up for our morning and evening editions, plus breaking news.

Manage Your Email Subscriptions