Local bars must remain closed after second judge rules against them
Limited-service restaurants will remain closed, second federal judge has ruled, saying “sympathy cannot play a role” in the law.
Limited-service restaurants will remain closed, second federal judge has ruled, saying “sympathy cannot play a role” in the law.
Bars will remain closed for now, Judge Jon P. McCalla rules in his order denying their request to reopen after being closed by the Health Department in early July.
Small restaurants say they want their voices heard by the Shelby County Health Department when it comes to decisions that affect their business; send letter to director, Alisa Haushalter.
Sous chef Emily LaForce had many jobs before she found her home in the kitchen at River Oaks, but through them all, she’s always had a paintbrush in her hand.
Cocozza American Italian on South Main is the latest restaurant to close after an asymptomatic employee tested positive for COVID-19; it will reopen Aug. 4.
A second group of limited-service restaurant owners whose places were closed by a Health Department coronavirus directive spent a day in court seeking to reopen. As was the case with the first group that appeared in court last week, no ruling was issued.
Erling Jensen: The Restaurant closed on Saturday, July 25, because of COVID-19 exposure, but employees are being tested and the plan is to reopen on Friday, July 31, and have some outdoor seating.
Chicken tenders are off the menu at Houston’s and some folks are determined to find out why – and more importantly, to get them back.
The city says restaurants can expand outdoors in private space right away and can expect cooperation if they have a good plan for expansion to sidewalks or even street seating.
The new Wing Guru in Arlington will be operated by partner franchisee Marcus Baker, owner of three Prosthetic One locations.
Citing spikes and a 'scary' environment because of COVID-19, the Rendezvous closed its dining room once again.
After weeks of kid food and a vacation without restaurants, it's nice to be home, with a list of places to go and a work plan for the coming week.
Porch & Parlor closed after employees tested positive for COVID-19; owner says he'll reopen when it's safe.
Lawsuits allege no connection between bars and the spread of COVID-19 has been established and that their closings were arbitrary.
Blind Bear and other bars and limited-service restaurants are seeking an injunction allowing them to stay open.
Owners of the new restaurant at 669 S. Mendenhall anticipate Southall Cafe will open by mid-August. It's part of Boyle Investment Company's newly renovated Williamsburg Village Shopping Center.
With contact tracing in restaurants starting today, you’ll need to give your name and number when you visit a local dining room.
The list of limited-service restaurants that close at midnight is lengthy; private clubs without a restaurant license will also be closed.
The small neighborhood grocery store has been purchased by Cash Saver CEO Rick James, who used to make calls there when he worked for Malone & Hyde.
Ed and Britney Cabigao are opening a second location of SOB, called SOBeast, in the location on Sanderlin that has been home to a host of chefs at Interim.
Charlie Vergos has released his first comedy album and was No. 1 on iTunes until Weird Al knocked him down a spot.
The Pronto Pup truck is out this week at Dixie Pickers, cooking up the hot dog and fried dough staple that’s been a carnival best seller for about 75 years.
Eating dinner outside is a pleasure, but it does get really hot here. Still: Sweaty or COVID? Flies or COVID? I know my answer. I think it’s your answer too, because so many of you have asked me where you can eat outdoors. Here's a guide.
The building that for decades housed Consignment Music will become a deli restaurant.
Most grocery stores do a decent job complying with Health Department regulations to address the pandemic, but only one gets 100% and it's Costco, which requires a membership.